- Prof. Catharina Nord
Prof. Catharina Nord
Professor in Spatial Planning/ Architect SAR/MSA
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES/INTERESTS
- Ethnographic Research
- Architecture and Urban Planning for Ageing
- International Architectural and Urban Design Issues
- Research Methodology
- Spatial Planning
- Urban Design
Academic and Research Profile
- Professor, Dep. of Spatial Planning, Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH (2016 – Now)
- Advisor at UN Academic Impact, Korea (2016 – Now)
- Senior Lecturer, NISAL, Linköping University (2011 - 2016)
- Assistant Professor, NISAL, Linköping University (2007 – 2010)
- Associate professor KTH (2009)
- Research Fellow, Medical Architecture Research Unit, London South Bank University (2006)
- Research Fellow, Built Environment Analysis, KTH (2004 – 2005)
- PhD, Built Environment Analysis, KTH (2004)
- Doctoral student, Dept. of Infrastructure, Built Environment Analysis, KTH (1990 – 2003)
- Master in Architecture KTH (1990)
- CollAGE. Collaboratively developing age-friendly communities with municipality eldercare, spatial planning and Senior Citizens’ Councils. A research programme 2021-2027 funded by Forte.
- Spatial strategies in residential care in the time of corona. Staff perspectives and the everyday life of older residents. Two-year project 20121-2023. funded by Kamprad Family Trust.
- What places? What ageing? Ageing‐in‐place in contemporary African urbanities; the cases of Namibia and Uganda. A three year project funded by Jubileumsfonden.